Going up? When it comes to high-rise living, Chicago certainly is. The Wall Street Journal recently highlighted the 10 tallest buildings in the U.S. that include residential condos—and more than half of them are right here in Chicago. Living in a Chicago high-rise condo certainly has its perks. For one, the views are unbeatable. Several of these buildings have unobstructed panoramas that make Lake Michigan or the city skyline the backdrop of your living room. In Chicago, these buildings are also home to luxury condos, so a number of amenities and services are right at your fingertips when you’re a resident here. Here’s a look at the top 10, starting with the tallest residential building in the U.S. right here in Chicago’s River North:
Trump Tower at 401 N. Wabash in Chicago
1. Trump International Hotel & Tower, Chicago Height: 1,388 feet This building and its penthouse condos gives new meaning to “living on top of the world.” Chicago’s Trump Tower is the tallest building in the U.S. with residential units. The views from up here are breathtaking, and this building is certainly dressed to the nines from the moment you pull up to the valet. In fact, the pièce de résistance for Trump Tower is available for sale. This Chicago condo is ultra-luxury, with more than 14,000 square feet and 5 bedrooms perched high on the 89th floor. Priced at $32 million, this is literally the highest above ground home in the U.S. and one of the most premier homes in the entire world. Click here to check out the penthouse and find other luxury condos for sale in Trump Tower.
John Hancock Center at 175 E. Delaware Place in Chicago
2. John Hancock Center, Chicago Height: 1,128 feet Part retail, part businesses, part tourist attraction and part privately-owned homes—John Hancock Center certainly has a lot happening on its 100 stories. This downtown landmark is home to 700 Chicago condos between the 45th and 92nd floors. Residents here are just steps from the Magnificent Mile and Lake Shore Drive and can enjoy in-building services and amenities like a sky lobby, full-line supermarket, indoor pool and much more. Click here to see Chicago condos for sale in John Hancock Center, located at 175 E. Delaware Place. 3. One57, Manhattan Height: 1,005 feet
The Residences at 900 N. Michigan in Chicago
4. 900 N. Michigan, Chicago Height: 871 feet The Residences at 900 N Michigan boasts a coveted location right on the Magnificent Mile. The building itself is 66 stories, with just 47 luxury condos inside that offer everything from impeccable finishes to beautiful views. 5. New York by Gehry at Eight Spruce St., Manhattan Height: 870 feet 6. Trump World Tower, Manhattan Height: 861 feet
Water Tower Place at 180 E. Pearson in Chicago
7. Water Tower Place, Chicago Height: 859 feet This 74-story tower is in the middle of it all: Michigan Avenue’s world-class shopping, 5-star dining and Lake Michigan’s beaches. Because this building is adjacent to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, residents at Water Tower Place (180 E Pearson) can enjoy all of the amenities available to hotel guests, such as 24-hour room service, concierge services and hotel amenities. The building was built in 1975, but many condos here have been remodeled or renovated for modern luxury lifestyles. Click here for current listings of Chicago condos for sale at Water Tower Place
Aqua Tower at 225 N Columbus Drive in Chicago
8. Aqua, Chicago Height: 859 feet Aqua in Lakeshore East is one of the more recent noteworthy additions to Chicago’s architectural skyline. This distinctive building has been lauded for its unique design that uses the residence’s balconies to create fluid “waves” around its exterior. Living here puts you in the center of Chicago’s best: Lake Michigan, the Chicago River, Millennium Park and even a private 6-acre park especially for the area’s residents. The Aqua Shore Club offers residents 115,000 square feet of amenities, including a large recreation deck, poolside cabanas, a sky garden lounge, media room, fitness center and spa and much more. See what’s for sale at Aqua in Chicago now by clicking here. 9. Two Liberty Place, Philidelphia Height: 848 feet
Park Tower at 800 N. Michigan Avenue in Chicago
10. Park Tower, Chicago Height: 844 feet These Chicago condos sit right above the Park Hyatt Hotel, so residents can take advantage of all hotel amenities and services, including an indoor pool, health club, on-site concierge and a sun deck with killer Chicago views. Park Tower is a sought-after location for Gold Coast condos and one of the most exclusive addresses downtown. See listings for what’s on the market in Park Tower here. A high-rise Chicago condo isn’t just one of the best luxury options in Chicago—these are some of the most noteworthy buildings in the country. If you’re looking to “move on up,” I’d love to introduce you to these buildings in more detail and show you what’s on the market. Contact me at (312) 498-5080 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.