Chicago is made of many great neighborhoods, and each section of the city certainly has its own unique charm and beauty. However, the Lakeview area certainly makes the list as one of Chicago’s best neighborhoods to call home, so here are the top five reasons to buy Chicago real estate in this part of the North Side.
1. Wrigley Field – Lakeview is known for being home to one of Chicago’s most recognized icons, the famous Wrigley Field, where Chicago’s beloved Cubs have played since 1916. To this day the park is still a favorite destination for Chicago residents and tourists alike, thanks to its illustrious history and authentic baseball park feel. On a warm summer day there is really nothing better than going to a Cubs game, eating a classic ballpark hot dog, and enjoying the amazing Wrigley atmosphere.
2. The Lakeview Community – This area is home to people of all ages, from upwardly mobile young professionals to families with children. In fact, the neighborhood’s many dog friendly parks (including the popular Wriggly Field) make it an ideal choice for parents of puppies as well.
3. Lakeview Culture – Yet another next reason to live in Lakeview are the many popular restaurants, cafes, and lounges. On a sunny day the outdoor patios and beer gardens will be buzzing with people, from couples having a few cocktails to families with children enjoying the outdoors. Furthermore, the neighborhood is home to a variety of delicious restaurants from traditional Italian at Mia Francesca, a fully loaded burger at Wilde, or a freshly baked cinnamon roll from Anne Sathers. In addition to the dining scene, there are shopping options that range from exclusive boutiques to major chains, and you can check out independent movies, comedy shows, or even concerts at the Vic.
4. Location, Location, Location – The fourth reason why Lakeview is such a great place to live is the location. A quick trip on the brown or red line is all it takes to get to Michigan Avenue, State Street, the Theater District, or equally pleasant neighborhoods like Gold Coast, River North, and Old Town. shopping at boutiques to popular stores like Best Buy and Home Depot. You can check out independent movies, as well as going to a comedy show, or a concert at the Vic, and you’re only a short distance from all of Chicago’s world class museums as well as the Lincoln Park Zoo.
5. The Real Estate Itself – Walking around Lakeview will give you the chance to see another great reason to live in this neighborhood – the amazing Chicago condos and other real estate. From gorgeous and historic reconstructed townhouses and duplexes to modern highrises, Lakeview’s architecture spans Chicago’s history from early 1900s to the present, making it one of the best places to live in not only Chicago, but the entire Midwest.