When you are looking for a new Chicago condo, River North is a great neighborhood to consider. Geographically, the River North covers the area west of Michigan Avenue and north of the Loop; it’s contained by the Chicago River on the south and west sides. In the past thirty years this neighborhood has transformed from a bohemian, artsy area into a chic and urbane cultural focal point. If you are in the market for Chicago real estate, here are a few reasons to make River North your next home:
1. Art galleries: over one hundred art galleries, the second highest concentration of galleries in the country.
2. Antiques: almost twenty separate antique stores and warehouses.
3. Merchandise Mart: a center of Chicago commerce.
4. Restaurants galore: you can be sure to find something to satisfy any palate and budget because River North has the highest concentration of restaurants in the city.
5. A variety of bars, clubs, and lounges ranging from hole-in-the-wall dive bars (try Blue Frog for karaoke) to specialty wine bars, such as Pops for Champagne.
6. One of Chicago’s fastest-growing residential communities.
7. A reputation as one of the safest neighborhoods in Chicago.
8. Michigan Avenue: both a tourist mecca and a local staple, Michigan Avenue is home to stores that can be found nowhere else.
9. Fitness opportunities: there are great gyms throughout the neighborhood which offer access to tennis, swimming, yoga, and golf.
Of course, deciding on an area for your next home is a difficult decision and a variety of factors need to be considered before making that commitment, but the River North is a excellent choice for anyone looking for a comfortable neighborhood feel, urban conveniences, and stable property value.